OK!

So it's been a couple of weeks since we went to Arizona. I think I have my thoughts together.


I get back from this trip each time and know this is where God wants me and my family. To look around and see a once proud people living the way they do breaks my heart. My head says what difference can you make? What difference can 10 people make? What difference can 21 people make? The answer? I don't know. How is that for an answer?


I know, I know. I really don't know what can be done for the thousands of people struggling just to survive. Look, we worked on a house for a guy named Ricky. Pretty soon he will be in a house instead of sleeping in a tent in the back "yard".(it's just dirt) I know it will make a difference for him. It will also give us the opportunity to share Christ with the entire family. After all isn't that the point?


Our government could throw money at the situation and we know all that would happen is more drugs and alcohol. What they need is Jesus. It sounds simple but the reality is the real problem is the spiritual darkness on the Reservation. And for the few people I can spend time with and show Jesus to, that is how I can make a difference. show them the love of Christ through my actions


1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.


Robert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have often thought the same thoughts since returning, so thank you for putting my thoughts to rest with scripture which is always true and pure