Calling...

So as the days pass, and the trip is behind us-the permanent move ahead, I have been very reflective about this trip. So many blessings in each persons life who went.


I have had someone tell me that she needed to see for herself why God was calling us there when there is so much to do where we are. And now, she understands and sees where God can use her there as well, in constant prayer. Thank you Wendy.




One team member has decided to start collecting items on ARM's wish list (http://www.azrez.com/) and sort and store and drive them to AZ herself. She is making flyer's to hand out to each bible study in our church to ask for their help. Thank you Joell.




An amazing couple who recently moved from our church to Phoenix joined us and now plan on getting involved with ARM on their own! As well as offering their home to us when we move if we ever need to get away. Thank you Dick and Lee.





Shelby is more convicted than ever that God needs her and can use her there. It also looks like her best friend Sarah will be spending summers (and any extra time she can convince her parents of) with us. - Sorry Rob and Jeanne:) Thank you Shelby and Sarah.




Kathryn, still undecided but said these words to Robert and I our last night there, "I think I understand why you need to come here." Needless to say I cried. Thank you God.





We were joined by two women from Pennsylvania who were there checking things out for their congregation and making a video to take home and show. They asked us (Robert, Mike, Anthony and myself) to speak about our experiences there and why we go in their video. Thank you Anthony, Mike, Sue and Sandy.




Many other stories similar to these happen on a trip like this. I have been blessed by this team and the giving of their time and hearts. I continue to pray that God will stir them to respond to Him, in whatever manner that is. Not everyone is called to go, but we all are called to serve Him in ways we never imagined. Serving a warm meal to someone who is hungry, praying for those hurting, smiling at a stranger living on the streets, a change in our hearts, what is God calling you to do for His Kingdom?


Isaiah 61:1
"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to captives and freedom to prisoners..."




Liz

No comments: