HAIKU

For the last couple of weeks something inside of me has been saying "haiku". I don't know why. I didn't even know what a haiku was. So I looked it up. A haiku is an un-rhyming verse form, conveying a complete image or feeling in three lines of syllables, and are usually about nature or natural things.

OK, now what? What am I supposed to do now. So today I asked KC about it and she said she likes sonnets better. We looked up some of Shakespeare's sonnets. For the first time I really read them. Holy cow are they awesome. So I started thinking, maybe I should try and write one. But "haiku, haiku" kept running through my head. So as I was watching TV, the following words kept running through my head.

"The sun sure does shine
look at the sky getting black
it's starting to rain"

So that's it. what do you think?

Robert

1 comment:

Amanda Lane said...

That is the best haiku I have ever read, hands down.