Happy Fathers Day!


What Fathers Day means to me...

My Daddy playing on the floor with me and my large collection of Breyer horses (I use to throw down the steps to see if they would survive......they didn't). My Daddy tucking me in at night and kissing me, and my 10 favorite stuffed animals in bed with me, good night. My Dad in the audience for every one of my high school plays. My Dad walking me down the aisle at my wedding. My Dad talking like Donald Duck to everyone of my kids, who loved it! My Dad crying with me when my grandparents both passed away. My Dad standing up at Christmas Eve service accepting Christ!

My husband, the father of my children, holding Wayne up in the air over his head when Wayne threw up on him! Then rocking him to sleep that night. Hearing each one of our children say "Daddy" for the first time and seeing his eyes well up. Wrestling with Kathryn, (I now think she can take him) from the time she was born. Carrying Shelby on his shoulders almost everywhere we went. The tender and sweet way he kisses each one of them and tells them how much he loves them even today when they are teenagers. Crying through their hurts and growing pains. Running around Disneyland with them just like when he was a kid. Teaching them about Jesus and His love for us. Baptizing our children.


Our Heavenly Father, the ultimate father to all of us. Who gave the amazing sacrifice of His Son, so that we might be with Him forever.

1John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

How blessed am I?? Liz

1 comment:

Amanda Lane said...

I loved reading this! Awesome post.