As time goes by...


That was then...

My baby is growing up so fast! Thursday Shelby Joy graduated from Jr High, she is now officially a freshman in High School. Yet, this is how I see her every day. The sweet 5 year old who crawled into our bed in the middle of the night (every night) and pretended she was sleep walking. We always thought we named her appropriately: Shelby, after my Mom's maiden name and Joy, because we knew she would be such a Joy to our lives! She lives up to her name. She has grown into quite a young lady, telling us how she wants to leave her friends and church family behind and move to AZ with us, because she knows God is calling her there. She is 13. She wants to attend a Christian College (probably Hope or Biola) and after graduation come back to AZ and work with the kids on the reservation. Who could be prouder or filled with more Joy than Robert and I? Perhaps God:)
I use to tease my mom for calling me her baby, when I was 30, now I know why. Shelby will always be my baby! Congrats Shelby!!


Liz

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Aw... Mom i love you soooo much!!!