Worship Team!


This week Robert, Kathryn, and I were on the worship team at church. I have been so excited to have Robert there with me on the worship team! What a blessing for us to worship together! Kathryn has such an amazingly sweet voice; it was wonderful to have her sing with us! She was a little nervous, as she explained, it is easy to do her choir show solo’s because she can be someone else up there. Here, you are yourself. Now I do not have the best voice, but the truth is I love to sing; in the car, the shower, around the house, but not in front of people. So, how do you join the worship team and sing 5 services a weekend, in front of over 2000 people? Only by God’s grace! I have never felt nervous or afraid because it is the one place I feel like I can all out worship God with all my heart. It is among friends and brothers and sisters, where I can simply worship Him in song. I can’t fully put into words the difference, but I feel so close to God when I am singing, whether on the stage or in the church seats or at home in the kitchen. Music is truly a gift from God so whether you feel like you are an amazing singer, or just someone who loves to sing, God wants to hear from you! Psalm 100:1-2 “Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before His presence with singing.” He understands we are not perfect!(Better than anyone) He does not expect us to have perfect tone and pitch, this is not American Idol. He asks for a “joyful noise.” I can do that, and if I can so can you!
The first time I was at the reservation on my first trip there, we painted a church. I was outside painting on a ladder by myself. The rest of the team were doing different things around the building. I felt as though "someone" was staring at me from behind, yet every time I turned around...nothing. Though I could not see the evil, I felt it. I began to sing every worship song I could think of. I felt at peace and calm and happy.
This is one of the songs we sang this weekend, absolutely, hands down one of my favorites! The lyrics speak to my heart every time… though my strength is small; I find in Him everything I need. I owe everything to Him, the sins I have done, He washes away. Such beautiful and stark imagery to me. Crimson vs. White as snow, cleaning the Leper's spots and melting a heart of stone.

I hear the Savior say, Thy strength indeed is small!
Child of weakness, watch and pray, find in Me thine all in all.
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.
Lord, now indeed I find Thy power, and Thine alone,
Can change the leper's spots and melt the heart of stone.
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe;
Sin has left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.
And when before the throne I stand in Him complete.
Jesus died my soul to save, my lips shall still repeat.
Jesus paid it all, All to Him I owe;
Sin has left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.


If you would like to see our service, we broadcast them now on Blip TV. Here is the link: http://blip.tv/file/1958542/ or go to Bliptv.com and search for KACC (Knott Avenue Christian Church). This particular service in entitled “The Burial of Jesus” music and be sure and check out the great message “The Burial of Jesus” sermon. -- Liz

1 comment:

Amanda Lane said...

Awesome post, Liz. I'm so glad the three of you are getting to sing together.