Home again

I just want to say Arizona was awesome.

We spent a lot of time working on two houses. One was for an Apache man who is living in the back yard. I posted about it the other day, I just wanted you to see where he is living. It really breaks my heart when I see something like this. The good news is he will be in a house very very soon. Liz and I are trying to figure out a way to be there for the dedication. What a great day that will be.


The other house was an existing house that is being upgraded. The family will also be moving in soon. It's a two bedroom house with a new bathroom and kitchen. It feels good to know they will be in a home soon.



I haven't mentioned the kids on the bus or at the "Youth Home" because I don't know where to start. I went to the youth home on Friday and played basketball with a couple of Apache kids. I don't know who had a better time me or them, probably me. KC spent her time with the younger kids and came back almost in tears because she couldn't spend more time with them. It truly was an amazing time.



Liz went on the bus Thursday so I will let her tell you about that later.

When I first sat down to write tonight I was going to tell you about what happened on the airplane when we landed at John Wayne airport. But I think I'll save that for another time. Suffice it to say I didn't punch him in the face like I wanted to. He deserved it, but I didn't do it. If you are really interested you can call me or wait a couple of days and I will write about it.

Robert

No comments: