First Day...




Our amazing team of 21 did a great job working together, laughing together and crying together. The first day we had orientation and then half of us went on the bus and the other half to a work site on the reservation. I was suppose to be on the work site but at the last minute got shifted to the bus. (God blessed me because the next day when the other half visited the youth home (where I was to go), I was in bed with a pretty nasty flu.) We picked up several kids on the way and stopped at a park for some worship time, a story about Joseph and forgiveness, and then playtime! There was a sweet girl, very shy who wanted to skate so I asked her if I could help her put her skates on. Naomi and I became fast friends after that! She asked me to help her and hold her hand while she skated on the basketball court covered in trash and broken glass, how could I resist! She has all of about 6 teeth and the most beautiful smile I have seen. Our time there is so short, I long for the time when we are there everyday with Naomi and the other kids. When we are there with the adults sharing our lives and Jesus with them, when we are there...

No comments: