Proud moments!


There are few prouder moments for a parent than sitting back and watching your children do something they truly love and do it well.

This last Friday and Saturday night I sat in the audience of Kennedy High School's Choir concert and watched both of my daughters sing and dance their hearts out. Shelby, being in her freshman year, participated in her first concert. Every moment she was on stage appeared to be pure joy for her!

Kathryn is in her last shows as a Senior. She has been doing this for 3 years now and loves every second. She took 3 classes this year so she was in almost every number. However, for the first time she had a solo. She sang one of my favorite songs from my favorite show, Les Miserables. She sang "On my own." Hearing her amazing voice singing such an emotional song brought tears to my eyes.

I miss the days of Wayne's band concerts, football half time shows and competitions.

(Shelby is in the first row of purple shirts, second from the left)

The good news? The moments just keep getting better and better.

No comments: