I hate the Red Sox!

This past week I have had a real bad headache. I haven't been able to sleep. I had last week off and didn't do anything except paint the back door and install a doggie door. (Toby likes it, Ginger, not so much.) I was sweating like a pig. When I got done I was exhausted. I don't feel so good.

We went to Shakey's Pizza for Wayne's 20 birthday dinner last night. During dinner I watched the Angels vs Boston game. Angels were down 2-0 and during the 8th they tied it up, the place went crazy. Rooooaaaarr! It was kinda cool. Well, we left and I got home just in time to see Aybar miss a suicide squeeze. Willits tagged out at third. (Don't even get me started on if it should have been an out or not.)

Bottom of the 9th Angels lose. I was upset. As a matter of fact I felt a little depressed. I don't feel so good.

So, I come into work today and get two e-mails. Here are a couple of snippets from both of them. (I have removed the names)

"Spoke with *** this morning - she discovered a new lump on her breast and they are now testing it....Need your prayers"
This man's wife has terminal cancer and is undergoing experimental treatment. All of it painful.

The other e-mail:
"Just as things were beginning to look better at work, my son ******* was admitted to the hospital. On the morning of what would have been his second day as a high school freshman, and just 3 days short of his 14th birthday, he was diagnosed with type one diabetes. He was to be admitted to the children’s diabetic wing where he would undergo emergency treatment to lower his blood sugar which was dangerously high, somewhere above 600! We were told the hospital didn’t have a bed for him, to go home, gather his things and be ready when they called."
"finally almost 6 hours after he was admitted, our prayers were answered and his blood glucose dropped to a treatable 499."
"Just a week following ******'s unexpected diagnoses and a week in the hospital, **** (his daughter) was scheduled for a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy which were so enlarged they were obstructing her breathing at night, causing an interruption in her breathing as well as loss of ‘sound’ sleep and resulted in some daytime sleeping even in classes."

I want to say something profound. But, all I can think of is...well "CRAP!" Doggie doors and baseball don't seem all that important, do they?

I think I'm gonna go home and cry. I don't feel so good.

No comments: