Belts are tightening, stress is mounting, pressure building, the months are getting tougher. Our family has really had to stretch our budget since my job loss in March. While I love my current job, it does not pay close to what I was earning before. I knew that going in, but we prayed and believed God was opening this door for a reason.
My schedule is 7:30am-3:30pm with a paid lunch. I am home by 4 which means I have time to cook with my girls and prepare a nice meal for our family. Something I have neglected for a long time. We have been sitting all together at our dinner table more the past 6 months than we ever have in the past. We really comparison shop for things we need and try to cut back on the things we want. Yet, we still are coming up short every month.
I have prayed about working a second job to help make ends meet, and started last week to work 2 nights a week at our church doing child care. I forgot how much I miss having little babies and toddlers around, I am definitely going to get my “baby” fix. I held a one month old last night in my arms until he fell asleep. Remember that GREAT smell babies have! (no not that one!) I missed the trip to AZ in April because I had just started my new job. I knew we simply could not afford for me to go this November. Robert asked me to attend the first meeting for the trip. Although I did not feel I should go to the meeting, fairly certain I was not going on the trip, I went at his request. I found out I am a secondary leader, which means KACC pays half my trip, and an "anonymous" check was given for my trip the same day. I guess I am supposed to go.
So many life lessons I am learning, how God is preparing us to live on less and find joy in His love and grace for us. So, as the season of our lives gets in full swing, I am praising God for his provision.

1 comment:

Amanda Lane said...

I'm so glad you get to go to AZ, Liz! That's awesome. God is good.