Mission Monsoon

The weather is unseasonably hot here in Southern California...one of the last times I will be able to say that :)

We are now on the countdown clock now, 3 days till we pack a truck, 5 days until we are in Globe. Now there is a strong dose of reality. Someday, when I look back on this journey, I will laugh (no doubt), shed some tears, recall the powerful and amazing things God did to reveal Himself and His will to us. Our testimony is a powerful thing, it is our story of God in our lives. I know it better than anyone else, and it's my job to share it.
So, when you ask God to show you the writing on the wall, be prepared for the answer. You see early in the year we were on a skype call with the Satters dreaming of plans, trying to figure out when we could be there. I quietly said to God, after 4 + years You are going to have to show me the writing on the wall as to when to go, because I truly do not know. No one knew I had asked this of Him. Later that night our daughter Kathryn came into our room and sat on the end of the bed talking to us. She looked beyond me at the wall behind our bed strangely. We asked what she was looking at. She replied, what is that writing? Well, I was terrified to turn around! Did God actually write on my wall?? When we looked, she was staring at a piece of art we had purchased many years ago. It is a painting on silk by a favorite artist of ours in Laguna Beach, Linda Pirri. It is entitled Mission in Monsoon. It says it in small print on the bottom of the piece and she was trying to read it. She had never noticed the title before, though it had hung there for years. Coincidence you say? I don't think so.  God provided me the answer I had been searching for. It still gives me chills to retell it. While some don't get it or understand, I do. So we planned our move for Monsoon season, July - September. While I know it is now October, I am 100% convinced that this is the time. No doubts, no questions. I wouldn't be surprised to find out monsoon season went a little longer than usual this year in AZ, would you?

So, here we GO! Hang on for the ride!!

Liz

2 comments:

Paul said...

From my personal experience, this ride will be wilder then Mr. Toad's wild ride. Be greatful you have your beautiful bride with you to share this experience. God will take you through every emotion you can imagine including asking yourself if you just made the worse
mistake ever. Press forward Brother, press forward.

Anonymous said...

A very impressive article. Well prepared. Very motivating!! Set off on to way