Thoughts

The Perspectives class Robert and I have been taking has allowed me to step back and look at what God has called us, well me to do. We (my husband and I) have been called to work with the San Carlos Apache Indian Nation in Arizona. Throughout this class I have struggled with the idea that perhaps we were to go to a far off land, another country or into the jungles where they have not heard yet. Is that the only task left? I have learned the difference between a regular mission and a frontier mission, defining people groups and what the task at hand is. We read how there is a large imbalance in the work to be done and where missionaries currently are; we need workers in the fields! Yet I can clearly see that the people close by, in our own backyard do not have a viable, indigenous church planting movement. Do they have the bible in their heart language? Is it truly about the geographical distance? Would God lay such a burden on my heart if there wasn’t anything more to do here or there? Questions I struggle with and pray about. Liz

No comments: