Remember

I know where I was eight years ago today.
I was setting up chairs listening to the radio. At 6:00 I heard that an airplane crashed into the World Trade Center. I turned on a TV, actually I had to set it up. I had to run a wire from the antenna on the roof of our Fellowship Hall to the TV. Not hard just took a little time. as I continued to set up I watched in horror as I saw the second plane hit. Up until then no one was sure what was happening. As soon as it hit I knew we were being attacked.
"We are America, this doesn't happen to us."
After my immediate disbelief subsided I wondered, like everybody else, why?
After a few days I think I understood more. We are viewed as a Christian nation by most of the world, I'm not so sure about that, and we are the enemy. The Muslim world sees us as the Infidel, the Great Evil. This is a spiritual battle. This was really an attack on God.
In the years since then I see our country more and more turning away from God.
Our own citizens are turning against each other and against God.
Maybe the attack worked.
How do we as Christians change this trend? I don't have the answer I'm just asking the question. I do know how we can start.
Prayer, prayer and more prayer.
I can't change peoples hearts. God can.
Prayer, prayer and more prayer.

In Him,
Robert

No comments: