Change is inevitable


In my professional career change has always been a constant, and something I have learned to embrace and teach/help others through that process. I have been through mergers, layoffs, disappointment, failure, successes and CHANGE.
However, in my personal life, it is harder (surprise!). I like having a plan, knowing what is going to happen or even suppose to happen I am OK with. I like making lists and checking things off, I drive my kids and husband crazy, but I figure one of us has to be like this right?
Well, God has a way of forcing me to let go of these things, I say force because I am stubborn and don’t usually yield willingly.
Wayne, our son about to turn 21, is starting a Police Academy preparation class. It is something that never, ever crossed my mind that he would be interested in, but apparently after lots of thought and prayer he really wants to try it. I cannot express how frightening this is to me as a parent, but if this is what God wants for him, I am in full support.
Kathryn just got her first job and is more than excited about it. She is saving and planning on starting cosmetology school in January. She is becoming a confident young woman and stretching her wings, but trying to find her place in what God has for her.
Shelby starts her sophomore year in High School next week. She is working a couple of nights a week helping out with child care at church. She just got back from an amazing retreat with the High School group at our church. She was inspired to come up with plans to change the world, and her group is planning on putting their plan into action. The Youth Pastor she had last year had left and her Jr. High Pastor took over the group, she couldn’t be happier. We just learned that he is now moving to Ohio to accept a new Youth Position. She is close to his wife and was really excited about this year; she is now struggling with yet another change.
Robert and I are struggling with our own issues and dilemmas. Life never seems to go as I plan, though I know God has a better plan for me (Jeremiah 29:11). Right now, all I can do is take each day as it comes, know that God is in charge and purposely give to Him all of my daily stress and fears. Please pray for our family...
Moving forward on the journey, and following God on the path…
Liz

1 comment:

Amanda Lane said...

Will be praying for Shelby... I know it is such a hard time for many of the students. Love your fam lots!