Australia.










So it's been a couple of week since we got back from Brisbane, Australia. I have a couple of observations about the trip.



First. For the first time I could see a look of hope on some of the kid's faces in Eidsvold. Considering the lack of someone at the Christian Centre this is good news. I can see the work the people from Ann Street Church of Christ are doing there is working. I can understand how they don't see much change, but I see it. It's like the Rez. Each time I go back I can see little changes on the faces of the Apache kids. God is at work on the Rez and in Eidsvold.




Second. I can see that God is at work at Ann Street. The worship team is awesome and the preaching the two weeks we were there was awesome. Well one week anyway. I could listen to Mike every day and not get tired of him. Anyway, the leadership has banded together to make things work in the aftermath of the Senior Pastor leaving, and if the two week we were there is any indication then they are moving in the right direction.




While I was there I got to hang out with Carlos. What a great guy. He invited me into his house and treated me like I was family. I think he is an amazing person. If you ever go on one of our GO!Teams to Australia I hope you get to meet Carlos. I don't think you can stay at his house as I will be there.



It seems like such a long time ago that we went to Brizzy. I have a ton of stories to tell but after a while it only sounds like bragging. If you want to know more I will be happy to tell you. Just let me know.



I would like to thank everyone who helped KC and I go to Australia. I know these memories will be with me always.



And finally I would like to thank Tim and Kylie. You two are an inspiration to me. The way you two love not only each other but others makes me long to be like you. You have three wonderful boys. I love each one like they were mine. What? Yes I said "MINE". I don't know if you knew this, but the Saturday we went to the Lions game I was able to spend about an hour walking and talking with Hayden. He is such a joy to be around. If all Christian children were like him this would be an awesome world. Thank you for being you, I love you guys like family.


I'm sure I will want to tell you more in the future, so I reserve the right to revisit this subject again.


Thanks for your time,


Robert

No comments: