complaint?

I started writing this out several times saying "I am tried of complaining and feeling like I am drowning." I want to praise Him in any circumstances. Well, I then began to list the tough circumstances, just so you would have a frame of reference, or maybe to help me vent more and more. But doesn't that really defeat my purpose in praise? I will praise Him in the darkest of times and when the sun is shining on me. Psalm 146:1-2 says "Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul. I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."


- My family is healthy and we love each other

- I have an amazing husband I love more today than any other day (except tomorrow)

- I have 3 wonderful kids who know God and seek Him

- I am forgiven for my sins

- I live in a country where I can openly speak and worship Jesus

- I am loved by Christ who died for me


I saw this quote the other day and it really spoke to my heart.


“I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light”– Ion Keith Falconer

Liz

No comments: