Turmoil

Spiritual Warfare hit home this weekend for our family. Without a lot of detail we are in a battle like no other we have faced. It is much more painful to watch your children battle than just yourself. You are helpless and hurt and angry and terrified of the adult decisions they make with their adolescent minds. They do not understand the consequences of their actions and choices, even though we have shared the bible and our own experiences with them. Sin is so far reaching, it never affects just the individual, it affects families, friends, loved ones, strangers.


I was singing in my car yesterday the song by Casting Crowns "Praise You in this Storm."The lyrics spoke to my heart.

"I was sure by now God You would have reached down,
And wiped our tears away, Stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining.


As the thunder rolls, I barely hear Your whisper through the rain"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives And takes away

And I'll praise You in this storm And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand
You never left my side And though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm"




Our family is in desperate need of your prayers right now, please. We need guidance, wisdom and strength to endure.



Romans 5:3 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything is okay! Umm, if it's what I think it is that sucks!You can only do so much. You can teach them right and wrong but in the end they must decide for themselves. I hope you two know what amazing parents you are and in the grand scheme of things your kids are wonderful. It could always be worse! Love you all lots!
~ Leisa