It is Well With My Soul!

So last Monday I was getting ready for work when I looked in the mirror and saw that my hair was a total mess.
Before I continue, I realized I haven't written anything about Arizona in a while. A couple of weeks ago a guy named Bernie asked me to tell him why I wanted to take my family to Arizona. He said he liked to hear about how God is working in people's lives. So I spent some time with him telling him how God has broken and re-built me. It started in Yantes, a small town outside of Mexico City, with me seeing the basic needs of children not being met. I was heartbroken. Then on to Australia and the plight of the Aboriginal people. I was once again heartbroken. When I went to Arizona I was not only heartbroken I was moved to do something. God gave me the desire to go and do something.
Well anyway suffice it to say when Bernie and I were done God once again confirmed to me that I am supposed to be in Arizona working with the Apache people.
Back to last Monday. I looked at myself and thought what a complete waste of time. How vain are we! As Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach, an Austrian writer said "We are so vain that we even care for the opinion of those we don't care for. " So I put on my "Tony Hawk" shorts and my new "Oakley" glasses and went to the Post Office. On my way to work I saw this woman. How do I describe her? Put it this way, imagine me in super-low rise, skin tight jeans and a tube top. Right then and there I thought "We need more mirrors not fewer!"
Robert

1 comment:

Daun Slauson said...

Amen.. preach it brother!(about the mirrors) well... and the other too... I was just reading an interview with Brooke Fraser and she says " We don't all have to do everything, but we can all do something". I'd say that just about sums it up!