Thank you God!


This past weekend I was able to lead a team to the San Carlos Apache Reservation. What a great time. We were able to lay the floor in a house for a family whose trailer was burned down (gang retaliation for talking to police). We helped Zane and Danielle (two of the missionaries there) move into their home. We went out on the buses (youth and teen) sat in on the lessons and just got to hang out with some pretty amazing kids. For those of you who have been there it was a lot like hanging with the kids in Eidsvold, Australia but with an edge. If you've been to both you know what I mean and if you haven't we have a trip planned for AZ in November. (Tim, Craig I would love to take you guys with me. We'll talk.) Then on Saturday we had a BBQ at the youth home on the Rez. There were supposed to be ten kids the workers and their families. It turned out to be just two kids and two workers. The workers were inside with four babies so they couldn't be outside with us. I was very discouraged. Why would seventeen people (nine from KACC and the rest from ARM) go there for just two kids? I've learned not to question God. OK it's always after I question God that I learn not to question God. We got to love on Chantelle and Malachi like you wouldn't believe. I know God loves these two very special kids. How do I know? He sent seventeen people for them. This was one of the best times I have spent on the Rez. I will never forget Chantelle and Malachi. Thank you God!

Now for some bad news.
My friend Jason Pojar's mother is in the hospital and is gravely ill. They are going to remove her from life support on Thursday, May 1. Please pray for him and his family.

In Him,
Robert

1 comment:

Daun Slauson said...

I am so excited to hear that Zane and Danielle are FINALLY in their home. I bet they are overjoyed!! How awesome that you were there to help them get in.
I agree with you Robert that those kids at the youth home are very loved.. to have 17 people to love on them. It makes up a bit for the times that they have no one.
Praying for Pojar!!!