Earthquake

I woke up with a start last night. I felt an earthquake. Our dog Ginger was sleeping nicely right next to me, I know asleep with a dog but if you met her you would understand, anyway I woke up and there was Ginger looking around with me. I didn't see anything moving but I know I woke up because of an earthquake. Liz didn't say anything and she always feels them. I know it was an earthquake. I checked online to see where the epicenter was, 'cause I know what it was. Nothing on-line except a small one in Baja at 5:30. but that wasn't it. This was way earlier. Then I saw it, a 5.8 earthquake at 1:30 a.m. this had to be it...Wait Vanuatu. It can't be. No earthquake. Then why did I wake up? No elbow in the side. The dog was asleep until I moved around. I know I felt it. I felt the house moving, I heard the house creaking, I was getting up to get the kids in the doorways, thanks dad (his advice along time ago), then everything stopped. No sound, nothing.
If it didn't happen what does this mean? Why did I wake up? Maybe it was a dream. What does an earthquake dream mean anyways? I don't know.
Did anyone else feel an earthquake?
I guess not.
Now I feel stupid. I wrote this whole thing and it didn't even happen.
Sorry to waste your time.



I know it happened,
I know it did,
aargh!

Robert

2 comments:

EnglishNerd said...

Well, the closest one that I could find on the CalTech website (http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/117-34_eqs.htm) for that time was a cluster of 10, all under 2, in the Idyllwild, Anza, Borrego Springs area from 3:40 ro aboiut 4:30. There are other ones on the whole Ca list, but those are way farther than this cluster. I dunno what you felt. But it is California, so it could've been pretty much anything...

Amanda Lane said...

Haha! Great post.