Truly proud.

So many times we see that a person makes a mistake then compounds it with another and another and so on until they don’t have anywhere to turn.
I see this all the time. Young girls come to the Church looking for help. Single mothers with 2 or 3 young children, abandoned by the kid’s father/s, bridges with their parents burnt, wondering what they are going to do. They are usually in tears by the time they decide to come to the Church. They feel so alone, so helpless, so hopeless.
I often wonder what leads up to this. I wonder how this can happen.
Let me tell you a pretty amazing story. (Look this is gonna be real short so a lot of details are being left out. But, you will understand my point when you get to the end.)
There was this girl, we’ll call her “J”, she was unhappy with her parents, unhappy with her life. She couldn’t understand her parents. Quite frankly they couldn’t understand her. So she decided she was leaving the house. Suffice it to say she didn’t leave under good circumstances. (leaving…mistake)
She moved in with a friend’s family. She felt this would be her new ”family”. Her mother and father were hurt. I couldn’t even imagine the pain they were going through. (compound mistake)
Very soon she found out she was pregnant. The “family “she so desperately wanted felt they didn’t sign up for this. (They didn’t)
What to do now? This is where the girls that come to the Church make their biggest mistake. They either get married or decide they will show everyone that they can take care of themselves. They don’t need anyone else. And the parents, they decide they don’t want to enable these girls so they tell them basically…”You made your bed now you have to lie in it”…By the Way, not a good plan.
Back to “J”, what does she do? She wants to go back home. What do the parents do? They take her back in. Look I’m not saying there still aren’t problems. What I’m saying is that this family realized something very important…No matter what has happened in the past, they have to move forward as a family. They have to stick together.
All I have to say is I am very proud of “J” and her parents. I wish more families were like them.
To the parents, I love you guys. You are going to struggle but I believe you are doing the right thing
To “J” If you ever need anything I will be here for you. I love you.
Robert

1 comment:

Jomama said...

Amen, and I am living proof that if you turn to Him, He CAN make a mistake into glory for His purpose ;)