I'm rambling a bit...so what?

In the middle of my day yesterday I set up the "Prayer Tent" on the sidewalk outside the Church. (KACC in Anaheim) The people who are usually there weren't able to be there. As I sat there with no one asking for prayer I wondered, "why am I sitting here?" I actually said out loud, mockingly, "I have this great idea for YOU!" I mean I didn't have this idea. That guy should be here not me. I have a lot of things I could be doing.
I had to leave for a few minutes to pick Shelby up from school. I asked Our Children's Pastor Jamie if he would sit there for 15- 20 minutes. He said sure. As I was pulling out of the parking lot I saw Jamie praying with a woman. I was gone for 30 seconds and someone walked up. Maybe it was my attitude. Maybe God didn't think I was ready to pray for someone. Maybe He was right.
When I got back no one came.
As I was starting to get things ready to pack up a guy came up in tears. His wife had asked for a divorce. They have been married for 13 years and have 2 children. She said she is in love with another woman. I sat there with a totally blank mind. What on earth am I going to say to this guy to make him feel better. God was right I wasn't prepared to pray for someone. He proceeded to tell me the whole story. Suffice it to say that bringing a third party into your...um...well let's say life isn't a very good idea.
As he was talking, I was praying that I would say the right thing. So I told him that he needed to get his relationship with Jesus right. Whatever was going to happen with his wife, his relationship with Christ had to come first.
That was the extent of my advice. I know it sounds kinda hollow now, but the reality is God will take care of this guy.
"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28
That isn't to say that all things are good. But God can use them for good.
I prayed for him, packed up the tent and realized that God had me right where He wanted me and at the exact right time.

I wonder if anyone will show up next Wednesday...

In Him,
Robert

No comments: