My heart is full...


Our kids have come a long way, and as I feel the pains of getting older, I also get the joy of seeing my children become the adults God has created them to be.

Last night Kathryn had her Senior Awards night. She received a nice check for college and she was also the recipient of the "medallion" award for Choir. It is the highest award given in that area, and she received a very nice medallion she will wear with her cap and gown in 2 weeks at graduation. She was beaming at the end of the evening.

Isn't there a song, "the road is long, with many a winding turn. That leads us to who knows where, who knows where." Kathryn is right there, but with one difference, God knows where! Her friends may come and go, boyfriends, schools, jobs, etc. But helping her to understand that no matter what, God is always there, will always be there, has always been there; has been one of the joys (and struggles) of my life. This verse has brought her through many a difficult time and she clings to it daily. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Through the heartaches and the pain, the joy and the laughter; she is such a beautiful, special person. I can't wait to see what God has in store for her! My heart is full...
Liz

No comments: