The Great Escape


Liz and I sat in our room and watched "The Great Escape". I love that movie.

I just had to tell you about one of the early scenes.

The prisoners are just brought into the "new" prison camp. The Germans put all the "trouble" prisoners, the ones who have tried multiple escapes, here.

Charles Bronson is trying to get out by walking with the Russian prisoners who have just cut all the trees. James Coburn also tries to join the line. He hears Charles Bronson speak a word in Russian. He says "I didn't know you spoke Russian?" Charles says "I only know one phrase, Ya vas Lublu." "What does that mean?" "I love you" "What bloody good is that?" Charles Bronson says, "I wasn't going to use it." I actually laughed out loud.

I know it seems a little strange to spend time writing about such a trivial thing, but I didn't have a very good day yesterday, and needed to think about other things. I got into a little bit of an argument with Kathryn, my daughter. I'm not going to get into it here, suffice it to say I know I am right but I didn't need to tell her the way I did. Later in the day we went to Mexicasa for dinner. As we walked towards the restaurant I put my arm around her, she looked at me and we both apologized to each other.

Wait a minute. I guess yesterday wasn't too bad after all.

Anyway, the next time you aren't in a very good mood, put "The Great Escape" on, sit back and enjoy. Oh! Try it while eating sunflower seeds, I love sunflower seeds.

No comments: