I need a vacation!

I just spoke to a man who wants a room for the night. He saw that it's supposed to rain tonight. So he came to me and asked me to pay for a room. As you probably know by now he is a homeless man. I've talked to him before.
He started with the old "I go to this Church" line. That always makes me suspicious...I need a vacation!
Anyway after I told him that we couldn't pay for a room he asked if I knew of anyone who could help. I told him "I'm sorry I don't."...I need a vacation!
I let him know of a church that has had money in the past. He said he knew the place and wanted me to call for him...I need a vacation!
Really? When did it become my job to find this guy a place to stay? Who said I'm supposed to find him a room?...I NEED A VACATION!!
“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’  Matthew 25:44,45
Look, I didn't have the money to help him. OK? I didn't. I had just helped a woman get into a room for a week. Wait, I didn't pay for the week. I mean, I helped with one night's worth. She found the rest on her own. You see she was willing to take part in the process. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work? I mean...DANG!!! I need a vacation!
No, Really. I need a vacation!


I'll do better tomorrow,
I promise,
Robert

No comments: