Time for a swim.

When you have three kids and a pool the same thing happens each year. The weather starts to warm up and they want to go swimming. This is what inevitably happens.
One kid jumps straight in, pops his head up and yells "whoa that's cold."
The second one wants to just sit near the pool minding her own business. Choosing to not even go in.
The third one puts her feet in and says it's too cold. So she says she will get in eventually, "I'm trying to get used to it first." This only serves to frustrate the dad. I say...err I mean he says, "Just go all in. You'll get used to it faster that way." "NO! It's too cold." The first kid says, "I'm fine, I'm already feeling warmer." She says, "You're lying you just want me to be cold." The dad says, "Either get in or get out." She says, "What about her? You aren't making her get in?" "That's because she never said she wanted to go swimming. Besides this is about you. You are making me cold just looking at you stand there. Seriously are you going all the way in or not?" "Yes, but not yet." "Fine." "Fine."
This goes on every year. Every stinking year. I'm getting frustrated even now. I wish she would just jump in with both feet or just sit on the side and not put me..err her dad through this.

Makes me stop and think though.
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth." Revelation 3: 15&16

I think it's time we all "Jumped in with both feet." Don't you?

In Him,
Robert

1 comment:

Joe Chavez said...

Loved the analogy.

I chuckled at first because I'm one of those that doesn't normally like to jump right in, even though when I have in the past, you get used to it right away anyway.

Loved the background as well. Very cool.