Let me explain, there is too much. Let me sum up.

We flew into Brisbane.
We went to Brisbane and got to hang out with the kids from Ann St.
We went to Logan and cleaned up around the Christian Centre.
We went to Ann Street Church of Christ and had a Community BBQ.
We got to see Aboriginal Dancers dance for the Coming of the Light celebration.
We went to Ann Street COC and listened to Mike preach.
We went to Eidsvold and got to hang out with the kids there.
We went to Musgrave park for NAIDOC (National Aboriginal Islander Day Of Celebration).
We went to Ann Street COC and had a prayer walk.
We went to the Gabba to see a Lions (Aussie rules Football) game.
We went to Ann Street COC and I had... I mean got to preach.
We had lunch at Ann St. and watched Aboriginal dancers.
We went to Church at Musgrave Park and I preached again.
We flew home.

Well that is the summary of what we did while in Australia. But that doesn't even tell part of the story of our two weeks.
Each time I go to Australia I am amazed at the way we are accepted into the community. It seems the more we go to Australia the more the people at Ann St. treat us like family. They feed us and this trip they danced for us. This is special because the dances were put together just for us. They spent several hours on Saturday just so they could dance for us on Sunday. Amazing!
Before I finish for today I wanted to tell you one story.
While we were in Eidsvold, we stayed up to around 12:00 playing games and sitting around the bon fire with the teens in Eidsvold. I know this sounds like a small thing but these kids are hungry for relationships. The more I travel the more I realize how much relationships are a part of presenting the Gospel. It seems like we should know that instinctively but the truth is we usually don't. There is one girl in particular, who was there the first time we went to Eidsvold four years ago, she has been around each time we've been back and this time she responded to an invitation after Carlos spoke. The leadership of Ann St. has promised to send her Bible studies and follow up with her. This shows how important our trips to Eidsvold are, and how important relationships are.
I will blog again in a few days as there is a ton of things on my mind.
Talk to you soon,
Robert

No comments: