"Do you think he wants some cheese?"

If you didn't know I have this mental aversion to cheese. It all started when I was going to school in Long Beach. Suffice it to say I literally cant swallow when I try to eat melted cheese. I've tried. Liz and I go to Northwoods for a nice steak dinner and they serve this cheese bread, it looks really good. Each time I go there I tell myself to try it. I pick it up and boom my brain says no. So I give it to Liz all the while feeling like a failure.
So our first night here in Australia I'm sitting at the table having an awesome conversation about Jesus and relationships. They were having a youth group over and we were really having a good time. Then it came time for dinner and guess what we were having. NACHOS! What was I going to do. They were all made and ready to go. One of the kids brought me a plate. I was done for. I knew if they served it I had to eat it. So I asked God to get me through it. I ate the whole plate and didn't get sick. Thank you God. Without Him I wouldn't have made it.
This is the seventh year I've spent my anniversary in Australia. (Happy anniversary Liz. I love you with all my heart.) Two of them Liz came with me. So when i get home I'm taking her to Northwoods for our anniversary dinner and have me a piece of cheese bread. Maybe.

From down under,
Robert

No comments: