Cabin



Our weekend of rest and relaxation was very nice; I wanted to share some pics and thank you all for your prayers! It was way, way too short; we will need to do it again. Each morning I was the first one up, which gave me a perfect quiet time with God. So I took my cup of coffee and my bible and sat on the deck of the cabin to have some one on one time. As I read and was still, begging God for answers to all of my problems, the birds in the trees kept breaking my peace and quiet. Blue Jays jumping from branch to branch, pouncing on the crumbs in the dirt below; a woodpecker, tapping on every branch in search of his next meal-which he indeed found. The noise was loud and bothersome. I watched that woodpecker bounce around tapping noisily on every branch, seeking his treasure. And while at first I was annoyed by the break in my quiet time, I realized that God got my attention and was speaking to me.
“Therefore I tell you do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?” - Matthew 6:25-27
I have heard this verse and read this verse many times in my life, because I am a worrier. I worry about everything and everyone. Even when things seem smooth in our life, there is always someone I can worry about. I feel like God has to hit me over the head sometimes and say “let this one go, I will take it.” He brings people into our lives that are hurting more, and losing more and suffering so much more than me. I am blessed beyond what I deserve, and have difficulty keeping that in perspective. Every day, before the Throne of Christ, I have to lay down my burdens…everyday.
Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
Liz

No comments: