Follow Up...

So as I attempt to pull my thoughts and feelings together from this past week it is difficult to put it all in words. Wednesday night we had the In N Out truck at church serving up burgers-followed by Mike Carman (our Cross Cultural Pastor) speaking about prayer. There was an international children's choir, followed by a time of prayer for our missionaries. Thursday morning our Women's Ministry hosted a brunch for the women missionaries. It was a special time as Joy from Hyderabad, India shared with the women of our church some of her amazing stories and struggles. I was asked to share at my table our intention to move and why we were doing this. I was asked a lot of really good, hard questions. It was a special time for me to share why God is calling me.
Our table was the last to eat because we were so involved in the conversation, I am so grateful God gave me that time to share. Saturday evening was our annual dinner for the missionaries. We had great Lebanese food, each Missionary was given a few minutes to share what they do and prayer requests. Then each member of our Missions team, elder and pastor there was given the honor of washing the feet of one of these special people. As the example given to us by Jesus when He washed His disciples feet, we wished to share in this with our Missionaries. It was an emotional and overwhelming time of humbleness for me. To do this for someone who places their lives out there every day for the sake of the Gospel, I was honored. It still is being talked about what an incredible time this was for all of us. More to come... Liz

1 comment:

Amanda Lane said...

Yay! I'm glad you were able to share at the women's lunch. Good job :)