Robert Rosa


On Sunday night my son Wayne called me from work, he also works at Knott Ave. Christian Church, and said there was a homeless guy sleeping outside the offices and he wouldn’t leave. He asked if I would come down and take care of the situation. Of course I said I would. Besides I was pretty sure I knew who it was.

When I get there I see Robert Rosa not only sleeping outside the office but right below my office window. Look if I’ve told him once I’ve told him a thousand times you can’t sleep on the property, especially out in the open. He got real mad and started arguing with me. “Why do I have to leave? I’m not bothering anyone.” OK, it really wasn’t a question. It was his way of getting into the “would Jesus kick me out of here” and “you Christians are hypocrites” debate. We have it every time I have to kick him out. If he were sleeping behind the bushes I probably would have let him sleep there. He knew that. Suffice it to say he left with a big smile on his face. He really loves to argue.

Look he knows if I let him sleep there in the open, where he can be seen, then after a few days we would have two people sleeping there, then four, then six, then were a homeless shelter. He knows this he just likes to argue.

That got me to thinking. There has to be more we, as Christians, can do to help the homeless. I just don’t know what that is. HELP!

Robert

No comments: